Monday, May 24, 2010

Adam Lambert...Finally Giving Him Recognition!

          Official Adam Lambert Website

          Official Adam Lambert Myspace

        


 American Idol 2009 (season 8) runner up Adam Lambert was not one of my favorites on the show. I recall voting for him one time because I really loved his unique take on "Tracks of my tears". Once I knew it was between him and Kris Allen for the title of American Idol I urged all my friends and acquaintances to vote for Kris and the outcome pleased me to no end. I just did not like Adam. I felt he was too over the top, too flamboyant...simply too out there.



To prove my point, when Adam was asked to perform at the American Music Awards his performance was so over the top complaints were rolling in before the show was even over. I understand the desire to be different, but your actions can't deeply offend society as a whole. For instance, the idea of two women regardless of the connection has never been considered taboo and when Britney Spears and Madonna kissed it wasn't a big deal or a shocker. People I feel were more fascinated than anything. Adam (considered a glam rocker) on the other hand likes to shock people but society is not ready for two guys kissing on stage or for face in crotch entertainment so they took the stance that this was offensive behavior. Adam felt more discriminated against than anything else. Now the idea of two guys kissing turns me on greatly...but that's just me. On the other hand, since then Adam has toned his behavior down a little or at least I'm not aware of any bad behavior, but then again I'm not a fan so I wouldn't necessarily know what he was up to!



I recently had the pleasure of seeing Adam on American Idol as a mentor during Elvis week. I was pleased as punch with the job he did but I must admit the contestants he was mentoring don't exactly have "think outside the box" personalities so fell short of having what should have been a really groovy night. Is it me or has the quality of the idol contestants gone down a little. It takes more than a pretty voice!!! In any case I thought Adam did a great job in his capacity as mentor. I also loved his live laser performance...and while I am not now and never will be an Adam Lambert fan, I do kind of find myself liking him more as a person and I think he is a great entertainer, something I was unable to do while he was a contestant on American Idol. I have since had the chance to check out some of his music. I don't think I will ever be a fan of his music but I wish him much success!



His album "For Your Entertainment" is now in stores and features the song by the same name that was performed on the American music Awards!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP